Ever since humans have inhabited the earth, goods have been transported from one location to another. Over time, freight logistics have involved to include cargo ships, freight trains and air freight services.
However, some freight isn’t allowed to be handled by just anyone, or any company. These types of freight are known as dangerous goods.
Interested in finding out 3 considerations to make when transporting dangerous goods?
Read more from the Perth air freight specialists at Complete Aviation Services (CASAIR) to find out.
Know what you’re moving
One smart way to ensure safety in the movement of dangerous goods is knowing and understanding the nature of them and risks involved. This is the first of three considerations to make.
There are 9 Classes of Dangerous Goods:
- Flammable Liquids
- Flammable Solids
- Oxidising Substances
- Toxic and Infectious Substances
- Radioactive Materials
- Miscellaneous Dangerous Goods.
Any of the above are identified as a risk to health and wellbeing, safety, property or the environment.
The risks of the above materials and the involvement of so many classes, sub-classes and divisions means shipping dangerous goods around the world and even throughout Australia can pose challenges. However, having a sound understanding of the materials and their risks will give you confidence in your shipping options.
Keep the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) on hand
The Material Safety Data Sheet (commonly referred to as a MSDS) is a document that lists information relevant to the occupational health and safety for the various substances, products and materials.
Why do you need one?
- A MSDS is a compulsory requirement to have when transporting any class of dangerous goods, big or small.
- It’s provided by the manufacturer of the product, detailing full product information, instructions and handling requirements, and as such,
- Assists any and all providers in your business’ logistics chain in the professional, safe and efficient transportation from one location to another.
Consider this your vital yet simple second consideration when organising logistics, via road, air or other method, of dangerous goods.
Trust in an experienced freight company
The third and final consideration is researching and selecting who you will trust to provide efficient, professional and safe transportation of dangerous goods.
At CASAIR, we have your dangerous goods logistics covered.
- CASAIR have the ability to coordinate full end movement of dangerous goods via road or air,
- This includes having the capacity to accommodate for first available fights, overnight or off-peak air freight, airport to airport or door to door service.
- Our services also include professional packing, consignment and necessary, important labelling and paperwork to ensure minimal delays and fast, reliable delivery.
When you choose CASAIR for your dangerous goods delivery within Australia, know that you’re making the right choice for reliability and communication every step of the way.
Don’t hesitate to contact us to see how CASAIR can accommodate your requirements.
Need safe and efficient dangerous goods delivery within Australia?
Contact Complete Aviation Services today for movement of all dangerous goods classes via road or air.